There are still a few invitations out to funders in Toronto, i.e., everyone has responding and we’re just waiting for a couple of folks to purchase their tickets. There are
23 24 Funders, thanks for correcting me Rob, who have purchased tickets.
- Rick Segal, JLA Ventures
JLA Ventures invests in Internet, digital media, e-commerce, communications security, mobile computing, and enterprise software companies. Portfolio candidates typically possess superior technology, a sustainable competitive advantage, and exceptional growth prospects.
- John Marshall, Ministry of Research and Innovation
MRI has launched $165 Million Ontario Venture Capital Fund. MRI announced Fund in November 2007. Fund will be up and running in 2008.
- Albert Behr & David Berg, Behr & Associates
Behr & Associates is a boutique investment bank that provide strategic working capital and accelerates revenue generation opportunities.
- Jacqui Murphy & Peter Frisella, Tech Capital Partners
Tech Capital typically invests $500,000 to $2 million in the seed round, and then continue to support the company through follow-on investments.
- Robin Axon & Duncan Hill, Ventures West
Ventures West Capital Ltd., a private venture capital investment group, is one of Canada’s leading investors in early stage technology companies.
- Mark Skapinker, Brightspark
We are funders and founders of startup Internet and software businesses.
- Amar Varma, Extreme Venture Partners
- Roger Chabra, GrowthWorks Capital
GrowthWorks is a recognized leader in the Canadian venture capital industry, specializing in the management and growth of regionally based venture capital funds.
- Colin Webster, Hero Ventures
“I do early stage investing”
- Craig Hayashi, MapleLeafAngels
Maple Leaf Angels is a group of private investors with initial investment size ranges from $250,000 to $500,000.
- Richard Reiner, Angel Investor
Dr. Richard Reiner is the founder and CTO of Assurent Secure Technologies, a TELUS company.
- John MacRitchie, OCE
Invests in the commercialization of research from Ontario universities and colleges through start-ups and industry – researcher collaborative projects.
- Frances Fast, Q1 Capital Partners
Q1 Capital is a leading boutique Investment Bank with a primary mandate to serve the unique financing and M&A needs of private Canadian technology companies.
- Mark Organ, Angel Investor
Mark Organ is the founder of Eloqua.
- Robert Antoniades & David Unsworth, RBC Venture Partners
Finance Company financing setup of software and technology companies
- Marc Faucher & Brian Kobus, Summerhill Venture Partners
A Venture Capital Firm focused in the areas of ommunications, digital media and information technology.
Paul Sorbara, The Sorbara Group
- Suzie Dingwall Williams, Venture Law Associates LLP
I work with a number of US angels looking for Canadian opportunities. We will defer/reduce legal fees for our early stage clients in exchange for equity, although we don’t consider this to be investing.
- Rob Hyndman, Hyndman Law
From Start to Exit, Business Law for Technology Companies.